If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.
East Grinstead Foodbank
Ideally, we need you to get a foodbank voucher. Either red paper or E-voucher – E-vouchers can be issued over the phone
In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation, we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. This can be in the form of a red paper voucher or a digital e-voucher code.
The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. Agencies we work with include:
Citizens Advice (see below),
Housing support officers,
and some local charities.
Other contacts are here:
Arrange a visit or call the referral agency.
They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.
We work on a red voucher or e-Voucher referral agency basis. e-Vouchers are available electronically. A voucher can be exchanged for 3 days’ worth of food.
So, if you find yourself in a crisis and cannot afford food please contact a local agency. These include the following:
• Your GP surgery
• Your local primary or secondary school, if appropriate,
• EG CAP Debt help – freephone 0800 328 0006 www.capdebthelp.org
• A local church,
• A Children and Family Centre – at Blackwell Primary school or East Grinstead Library,
• Citizens Advice – East Grinstead, www.advicewestsussex.org.uk/contact-us/
• Age UK East Grinstead,
• Queen Victoria hospital –Adult rehabilitation Unit
• East Surrey Hospital – local care team
• Crawley Hospital – East Grinstead Proactive Care Team
• Royal British Legion
• Southdown Housing Association
• Family Mosaic, East Grinstead
• Mid-Sussex DC – Housing Needs team
• Tandridge DC – Housing Team
Please Note: We are a CHARITY and NOT a government agency.
If you cannot get to the Foodbank or you have no one else who can come to the foodbank for you
Call us on 0785 686 4251
Leave a message – Please speak slowly and clearly.
Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to get back to some people because we can’t hear your details clearly.
If we haven’t got back to you after 24 hours please try again – you can also text us.
Please be aware that when we call back the number may be withheld so the call will come up as Unknown Caller – we ask that you be aware of this if you have a problem with this let us know and we can call you back on the foodbank line. We may text your number to let you know it is us.
Alternatively, you can contact us by e-mail at
Please Note: The Foodbank is for those in a genuine food crisis.
Our hours of operation will broadly remain the same as usual.
Thank you for your understanding
Citizens Advice National Helpline or web site
- Information & advice on our website: East Grinstead Citizens Advice
- General advice will be given via our Adviceline which people can reach by calling 0344 477 1171. This is open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm.
- General advice can be given via email: [email protected] or [email protected]. Please remember to include a postcode and contact number.
The email addresses are monitored weekdays.
- People can webchat online to an adviser by visiting our website at www.advicewestsussex.org.uk/contact-us/
- Anyone seeking to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444.